Sawyers Church Registered Charity 1140322
Sawyers Church is a charitable company limited by guarantee.
Company Number 7382893.
Charity No 1140322.
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
This notice sets out how Sawyers Church uses and manages personal data in line data protection laws including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into force on 25 May 2018.
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data, for example, names of people, their home and email addresses, telephone numbers, etc. It can also include ‘Sensitive data’, for example, information about a person’s religious beliefs, health/medical conditions, etc. Photographs of individuals constitutes personal data.
Purpose for holding personal data
Sawyers Church will obtain, use and retain personal data from individuals connected with the church which is necessary to:
• administer the church;
• operate the activities of the church;
• undertake advertising/marketing/public relations; and
• carry out fundraising.
Data management principles
In line with the GDPR, personal data possessed by Sawyers Church shall be:
• processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
• collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
• adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are used;
• accurate and, where necessary, kept up-to-date;
• kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; and
• kept securely.
Data management rules
Sawyers Church will:
• obtain the consent of individuals to hold personal data about them for specific purposes;
• not share personal data with other organisations without the express permission of individuals, unless required to do so e.g. by law, in order to comply with a legal obligation;
• restrict access to, and processing of, personal data only to those within Sawyers Church (and its IT Provider) who need to see, use and maintain it;
• protect the storage of personal data whether in electronic or written form; and
• review the need to hold personal data on individuals periodically at least every three years.
Data subject rights
Sawyers Church will operate arrangements for individuals to exercise their rights to:
• make requests to see the data it holds about them;
• correct/amend their data where there is error;
• erase their data which is out-of-date;
• restrict data processing where there is a dispute in relation to accuracy and processing;
• remove data i.e. “the right to be forgotten”; and
• withdraw consent.
Individuals may request personal information about themselves held by Sawyers Church by contacting the Operations Manager of Sawyers Church – email: email@example.com Tel no. 01277 210422.
Individuals can make complaints to:
• Abi Mustafa, Trustee, Sawyers Church (abisoye_mustafa at yahoo.com); and/or
• the Information Commissioner at the ICO (www.ico.gov.uk).